Employment opportunities will be posted as they become available. We encourage you to check back here regularly.
We do not have any vacancies right now.
Internships — Digital and Design for Global Conference
Details of internship:
- Reports to Communications Officers/Capacity Building Officer.
- Assist with preparing content for our upcoming Global Conference, which may include writing digital content, tagging, photo and video editing, design, and HTML coding.
- Monitor social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) for developments in women’s rights and Muslim family laws (and relevant reforms).
- Assist in developing social media content (in English; if possible, in Arabic or French).
- Prepare social media analytics.
- Monitor and compile press clips and media lists.
- Research relevant data and new partners for engagement.
- Unpaid position, preferably based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, but remote from elsewhere will also be considered. Small stipend offered.
- Suitable for: Communications, journalism or public relations undergraduates or graduate students, or individuals with interests in gender, development and women’s rights, who also have skills in digital engagement and/or design.
- Proficiency in using Canva, Photoshop, and/or video editing is essential.
- Meticulous, reliable and detail-oriented, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- Full- or part-time (minimum of 10 hours per week, 2-3 days per week, for at least two months).
- Fluency in English is essential. Competency in Arabic would be highly desirable.
- Closing date: rolling or 23 Oct. 2020.
- Please send your CV and cover letter to musawah (at) musawah.org, and include ‘Musawah Communications Internship’’ in the subject line of the email.
Musawah is generally seeking interns who are interested in working on advocacy projects related to Muslim women’s rights, feminist Islamic knowledge building, and family law reforms around the world.
Internship generally are unpaid and occur in four cycles each year, beginning in January, April, June, and September. While we will consider applications for the next cycle on a rolling basis, we encourage you to apply at least one month in advance of your desired starting month.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications, and a recent CV to musawah (at) musawah.org. Please include ‘Musawah Internship’ in the subject line of the email, unless you are applying to a specific posting.